homeget styledblogshopinspirationaboutcontact

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Size Up!














































What do all of these dresses have in common?... a whole lotta stretchy/shifty/flowy/breezy/comfy/flattering going on , is what!
It's no surprise I have a visible love affair with anything and everything striped or polka dotted - and these shifty/flowy dresses are no exception !

Currently being 6 months preggo and making my way from pure bundled weather/Winter clothes & layers to Spring & less clothing, I've started collecting what I know I will be living in from Spring in to Summer ... DRESSES!
I have always been most comfortable in a dress. It's a one stop complete outfit. You put it on an instantly look and feel put together (something a skirt and top just don't do for me the same way!)... It definitely has to do with the whole effort thing...
If you're pregnant like me - just because your waistline is expanding doesn't mean you have live in mu-mu's (although very comfortable i'm sure) in most daily circumstances, you have to get dressed, be ready for anything and to take on the world!...A cute dress will help get you there.

Pregnant or not - there's nothing I love more than a cute and comfortable dress. My wardrobe has slowly but surely started to take on more shift and flowy dresses than ever!
I have purchased a few maternity dresses at this point for Summertime, but really have just been shopping in my go-to stores like H&M, ASOS, & Old Navy (for basics and staple items). 
What I have learned is for optimal comfort - I just go a size or two up than my pre-pregnant self & i've been pleasantly surprised with the outcome!

Typically in H&M i'm a size 4/6 in most things and now have purchased a few dresses in a size 8 that are bigger and baggy that I can "grow" in to, but they don't swallow me completely !
I purchased a lot of what I've shown above & none of which are maternity dresses believe it or not.

In Old Navy i'm usually a size XS/Small, and for these dresses I got a size Small or Medium and they fit like a glove. Tighter in the belly but with room to grow, & perfectly baggy and comfy everywhere else! 
When it comes to ASOS clothing it really varies what size I order depending on how I want the garment to fit me. Pre-pregnancy I would always order a size 4 or 6 depending on the piece, and now I have gone up to a size 8 for bagginess but because ASOS carries so many different designers, it really does vary depending on what you buy - But so far so good! :-)

If you feel iffy about not wanting to spend money on maternity clothes when you're pregnant, this is a great way to shop in the "non maternity" section, or really just shop like your old self, but up a size or two and you'll have some flowy/comfy/shift dresses to wear during and after your pregnancy.


PS - When I find something I love & love the way it fits me , I get it in 3 or more colors if it exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment