homeget styledblogshopinspirationaboutcontact

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Outta Here!


With dreaming of our trip to Key West, FL at the end of the month, besides already having pretty much packed my suitcase - I always put together a travel board of what I want to bring and what not to forget!
If you are traveling somewhere warm this Winter to escape the cold, like most of us on the East Coast do - here are a few of my favorite must-pack/bring items !

1. A fedora/hat appropriate for the place you are traveling to. When you pack a hat unless it's in a hat box, it usually ends up getting pretty squished and losing it shape. Sads.

2. Sunnies - I usually bring multiple pairs of sunnies when heading somewhere where you are basically living outdoors under the sun. I need my options; & usually pack one pair in my travel bag, one pair in my carry on, and check any other pairs. 

3. Headphones - any type of headphones on an airplane will be your best friend! No one likes to listen to the hollering of unruly children or the humming silence airplanes can have at times... if you can watch a movie on your Ipad or listen to music, your flight is sure to go by much faster!

4. Ipad - aka. my best friend while traveling! Between emails, chit-chatting, skyping and watching movies on the flight; my Ipad sure gets a lot of use!

5. Snacks - A very important part of traveling! For someone who is hungry every 25 minutes like myself, I constantly have a bag full of snacks so I don't starve or get grumpy. Always something salty, something sweet and something savory ! You never know how you'll feel on your flight or how awesome/awful airplane food can be...

6. Scarf - I am all about layers! Starting with the comfy scarf. It is like a little bundle of snuggs around your neck that will bring you comfort in the most unlikely places! 

ie.


7. Lotion - When traveling my skin gets especially dry with all the stale airplane air, so I always have hand lotion (that I sometimes rub on my face or legs if needed) just incase i'm feeling dried out!

8. Iphone - well, you know why.

9. Visine - If you're a contact wearer like myself - your eyes probably feel like little shriveled up raisins after being on an airplane for a few hours. That's where Visine for contacts comes in! 
Just add a few drops here and there and you'll feel good as new.

10. Travel Bag/Purse & Wallet - Any shoulder bag of your choice that fits all of your necessities in it without being inanely heavy is exactly what you need! Don't forget your wallet & all the important things inside of it for your trip (including plane tickets/reservations!) 
I love getting a new travel bag before big trips because for some reason it makes you more excited to go somewhere so you can use it. Try it - you'll see! 

11. Swim Suit - If you are traveling somewhere warm you are most likely going to pack an array of swim suites for your trip. One thing my Mom always taught me (which has saved my ass many times!) is to pack an extra swim suit in your carry on just in case your luggage gets lost so you can actually be outside and go swimming until your luggage is found!

12. Flip Flops - The same rule as the swim suit goes for the flip flop situation. If you are traveling somewhere warm & leaving from somewhere cold - most likely you aren't wearing flip flops during take-off ! Packing an extra pair of flops in your carry-on is a must just to be safe in case your luggage is lost, at least you wont be stuck wearing those boots or sneakers for days in 100* weather.

13. Carry-On roller bag - This is where you put your extra flip flops, swim suit, a change of clothes, your electronics, and expensive jewelry ! NEVER put anything you reallllllly care about or would be devastated if it got stolen in a bag that you check in. Hence the roller bag.
You can never be toooo careful when it comes to this type of stuff. 

14. A flowy/comfy top - The thought of wearing a constricting and un-comfy shirt while traveling is super unappealing. What is appealing is wearing something loose and comfy that you can sit well in while you cram yourself in to that tiny airplane seat.

15. Jeans - Comfy ones with some stretch to them! Jeans are my alternative to yoga pants, also what I mostly live in. While traveling, wear a pair of pants you could wear at night if it gets chilly on your tropical vaca so they are multi-functional.

16. Converse - My go to sneakers & favorite travel shoes of all time! Wear them witch socks for take off and wear them with shorts, a skirt, or pants while on your trip when sneaks are needed.

17. Jean Jacket - Something I bring on every single vaca no matter where i'm going. It's the perfect layering piece to wear with just about everything! Perfect for wearing on cool nights while'st on vaca, as well as your travel to and fro your destination. 

18. Cardigan - Another great layering piece that can be worn with many outfits you have packed away! The perfect travel companion that fits with your scarf for optimal coziness while traveling.

19. Electronics - aka. Cameras of any type! NEVER check in something like your precious camera. It's usually the first thing grimy thieves steal if they go thru your bag. Along with your jewelry - keep your cameras & electronics as close to your body as possible when traveling!



I hope if you're as frozen as I am currently that you are escaping the snowy Winters and heading somewhere warm to thaw out! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment