homeget styledblogshopinspirationaboutcontact

Monday, December 29, 2014

Maternity Wear : First Trimester

















During your first trimester (crazy that i'm almost in my 2nd already!) you notice that your clothes just don't quite fit the same. Today I was catching up with a few of my girlfriends over the phone and the one thing they both asked me was "what was the first thing you noticed when you found out you were pregnant." Well, really the first thing I realized was how everything that was recently out of sorts now makes total sense! The past 2 months i've been picking up smells like a blood hound, my pants will absolutely not zip anymore, and my eating habits have become weirder and pickier than ever. With that being said - I quickly hopped on the acceptance of the fact that all the great new Winter clothing (especially pants) I had just purchased will have to sit tight on my shelf until next year. I then went out and got myself some big lady pants. No shame. Baby on board!

Right around when we found out we were having a baby - Chris and I booked a semi-last minute week vaca in Key West, FL for a little baby-moon of sorts for some sunshine and relaxation! 
Besides being absolutely thrilled for some sunshine, my second thought was "what the hell am I supposed to wear?!" I ran in to my closet and tried on the few shorts I had left out by accident when packing away Summer clothes - and they absolutely did not fit. The thoughts "dang I have a fat ass" and "jesus i'm going to be a beached whale this Summer" came to mind while trying on my size 4 shorts. That lead me to do some research and to get prepared for our Florida trip, which will transition in to Summer weather before we know it!

I picked up a few pairs of pants at a local Motherhood store since I realized I had been wearing yoga pants for 2 weeks straight. Honestly - not my favorite material pants i've ever purchased :-/ . They are those black stretchy'ish skinny "jean" looking pants that collect every hair and fiber of god know's what from god know's where. It's just annoying. Unless you loveeee lint rolling yourself 10 times a day, I suggest steering clear of the Motherhood store all together (at least when it comes to pants that aren't real denim). I did get a nice pair of denim shorts from there though that are super comfy and I might wear foreverrrrrr, prego or not! (stretchy stretchy, comfy comfy!)

With FL being right around the corner, I ordered a few more pairs of pants and some shorts that are comfy and actually fit my newly pregnant ass. Thank gawwd for flowy/stretchy dresses that pretty much make up my entire Summer wardrobe. I should be pretty set in the bottoms department for a while until I get huge in a few months. 

My suggestion for Winter in to Summer pregnancies is - It is worth spending money on investing in pieces that make you feel as normal and like yourself as possible!

The 10 clothing items you need to carry you thru:

1. A few pairs of jeans (black, white, denim)
2. Trousers (for work or dressing up - patterned & plain black)
3. A few pairs of shorts (black, white, denim)
4. Flowy blouses
5. Tunic dresses
6. Comfy shoes (flats & sandals)
7. Scarves for layering & accessorizing 
8. Leggings
9. Loose Cardigans
10. Yoga pants (because who doesn't love yoga pants)



Can't wait for some sunshine and basking in the warmth in just a few short weeks!!!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment