homeget styledblogshopinspirationaboutcontact

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Maternity Wear : Second Trimester

TOPS :



























BOTTOMS :












DRESSES :













ACTIVE :











Now that i'm in my second trimester - i've been finding it slowly but surely a tad bit more challenging to dress myself. The extreme Winter weather is certainly not helping, but the bigger I get the less clothing that are not "maternity clothes" fit. I have invested in maternity bottoms, but have yet to purchase any tops...soon!!
Lately i've basically been living in yoga pants (stretchy stretchy!!) and the few pairs of maternity jeans that I have, paired with over sized sweaters with lots of layers! It's been in the negatives temperature wise here in New England... definitely makes getting dressed in the morning a bit more challenging! Luckily all my pre-prego tops still basically fit, but not for long!
I've started to collect a few things virtually that I will be purchasing in the near future. If you are in your second trimester or ever have been - you know what I mean when I say .. it's only going to get more challenging from here on out!
Luckily the weather will only be getting better and warmer the bigger that I get which means MAXI DRESSES !!! ... I absolutely can't wait!

Until then, if you're struggling like the rest of us frozen New Englanders and are currently pregnant - here are some of my favorite maternity pieces that will be making their way into my wardrobe between the next few months of Winter & transitioning into Spring!


What you need :

1. Basics - under-clothing like simple tee's, tanks & long sleeved shirts

2. Dresses - wear to work, on the weekend, any special occasions - that can transition from being worn with tights until Springtime

3. Maternity jeans - whatever style and shade of jeans that floats your boat - no matter what else you choose, make sure you have black skinny jeans!

4. Leggings/Yoga pants - lounge wear, active wear, work out wear, or leggings to be worn with oversized tops & sweaters

5. Maternity blouses - worn to work, on an every day basis, under sweaters, layering pieces



Once the majority of these pieces are woven in to the wardrobe you already are working with, I promise you will dress yourself a bit more happily every morning! 



oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment